Hydraulics – Offer
3S Consult delivers high-quality hydraulic engineering based on realistic models for pressurized pipe systems and open channel flows.
- Supply networks (water, heat, cold, gas, steam) with the associated systems and facilities (waterworks, heat / cooling generators, pumping stations, control devices, energy recovery via turbines, heat storage systems)
- Regional water supply and pipelines for water transport
- Waste water (piping and channel systems as well as basins)
- Pipelines (gas, oil, products, brine)
- Refineries and chemical plants
- Caverns (for storage of gas, oil)
- Irrigation and drainage systems (e.g. open pit mines)
- Wells, pumped storage hydropower plants
- Cooling water circuits
- Refueling systems
- Pipe systems in buildings
Based on this data, we create a functional and correct (thermo-)hydraulic calculation and simulation model for you.
In many cases, the correctness of the calculation results or the quality of a model can be ensured implicitly by analogy considerations, by empirical values or by a comparison of the calculation result with measured values (for example from control system archives). Additional measurement campaigns are not always required.
If necessary, 3S plans and performs measurement campaigns, including model calibration. We design, implement and evaluate the measurement campaigns with our own equipment and employees (operational and pressure surge measurements).
The 3S calibrated model is your property. You can continue to use it – after licensing the appropriate software – for your own calculations.
After successful implementation and calibration, the model reproduces the hydraulic state of the system with sufficient detail and accuracy.
The model can then be used for further planning tasks such as:
- Analysis and improvement of the existing state of the system
- Calculations for design/planning
- Calculations of capacity (for instance firefighting water)
- Transport, reaction and mixing of fluid quality parameters
- Residential times („Water age“)
- Influence areas and source tracking
- Calculation of characteristic curves
- Diameter optimization, optimization of network topology
- Creation and optimization of flushing programs
- Target network planning
We perform the necessary hydraulic calculations and simulations for you including the estimation of investment cost.
Optionally, we provide the results for your executive planning office and supervise our recommendations until commissioning.
Water hammer calculations are high-frequency simulations of sudden pressure and flow changes due to planned operational maneuvers or malfunctions (pump failures, pipe bursts, …) in the system for the hydraulic worst case. An example of planned / unplanned events: pump operations / pump failures.
Water hammer calculations are used for development of security and safety measures
Their effectiveness is demonstrated by model calculation.
- Pressure surge and forces from pressure surge (flow loads)
- Evaluation and design of pressure surge protection measures and concepts
- Design, analysis and optimization of operational modes and control strategies
- Determination of characteristic curves, selection of fittings, pumps, regulators
- Optimal location for measurements (for pressure, quality, flow) in the network (optimal allocation of sensors)
- Feasibility studies (for example integration of decentralized heat generators in existing networks)
- Drafting of operating manuals and specifications
We execute the appropriate steady-state calculations and transient simulations, including an estimation of the expected operating cost savings.
Our software products support all relevant interfaces for exporting the results to your automation system and supervise our recommendations until commissioning.